Easter was coming around again.
I can’t believe how fast the years go by anymore. It seemed like when I was in school, the days, weeks, and months just dragged on and on. Now that I have kids of my own, every time I turn around they are ending a school year and starting another one. It just goes to fast. Spring or Easter break was upon us though, although I felt like we just got done with Christmas…so I had to come up with another dish to take to our family dinner.
I was usually pretty boring and took something like cocktail wieners, but this time I wanted to expand my horizons. When I was looking around on Food.com, I found this recipe for sausage and potatoes. It said it was “Stupid Easy” so I knew it was right up my alley. I’m not much for cooking, my husband usually takes care of that.
With only five ingredients though, I figured I couldn’t mess it up. They turned out wonderfully. I barely got them to dinner without eating them all. Everyone that tried some enjoyed them too. I didn’t even have any leftovers to take home. Bummer.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs. smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2.5 lbs. medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ tsp. creole seasoning
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray unless you use a liner*
- Place all ingredients in crockpot. Stir.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- *Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up! You can find these with the plastic storage bags in the grocery store.