WEIGHT WATCHERS WW Old Points 4, WW PointsPlus 5, WW SmartPoints 6 CALORIE COUNTERS 100-calorie serving = 1/2 cup
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 onion chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon lawry’s seasoning salt
3 teaspoons caraway seeds
1 large head of cabbage, knife cut shredded and cored
1 pound smoked beef or turkey sausage, cut on diagonal
1. ABOUT CABBAGE Pick a nice firm head of cabbage.
2. FRY BACON Fry Bacon Crisp, let cool, then crumble and set aside. Remove bacon grease except for one tablespoon.
3. FRY SAUSAGES Fry the sausages in the bacon grease until nice and brown. Remove, drain on paper towels, set aside.
4. Knife-cut the cabbage; Add to the bacon grease in the pan. Add chopped onion and garlic to the grease in the pan. Add sugar, pepper flakes, seasoning salt, caraway seeds and the water. Stir to mix, then add the knife-cut cabbage and mix again. Saute with lid on. I prefer my cabbage cooked al dente, about 20 minutes. Bill likes his well done. So I remove mine early and continue cooking his a little longer.
5. The last 15 minutes of cooking time, add the browned sausages and mix with the cabbage. Cook over very low heat and let flavors blend, but don’t overcook it. Add crumbled bacon to the dish.
Open Next Page To See Full Recipe!